The American Kennel Club believes that pet safety should be a top priority and is a genuine concern for pet owners. We recognize the importance of proper education for the health, well-being and overall safety of dogs in the care of pet professionals. As a result, the AKC has specifically designed its AKC S.A.F.E. Handling (Safety, Assurance, Fundamentals, Education) Program for pet professionals to support the pet industry’s self-regulation effort through education and awareness. Show your commitment to your clients and community by setting the standard in pet services safety.
2-hour Course Includes:
- AKC Safe Handling Certification
- Best Practices focusing on pet care, health and safety
- Acceptable Animal Handling Guidelines
- Implement Basic Safe Canine Handling skills
- Handling Difficult Dogs
- Reducing Stress in the Pet thru Handling Techniques