World Championship Friday Afternoon
Competitors must arrive with overgrown dog, with at least six (6) weeks of growth and then groom it to breed profile or create a totally different breed or style. This is an intense competition with major amounts of hair left on the floor! This is dramatic grooming at its best!
- A groomer can compete with any purebred or mixed-bred dog.
- The judge will be looking for the most dramatic transformation in appearance and styling skill precision.
- All grooming must take place in the ring with clippers, shears or other grooming tools.
- No coloring permitted
- For sanitary reasons, facial hair may be trimmed up to four weeks prior to the contest date.
- Genital, stomach area and pads may be trimmed prior to the competition
- Class limited: 40 entries
- Growth requirement: at least 6 weeks or 3 inches of coat – the more hair, the better!
- Time limit: 3 hours all sizes